Monday, July 27, 2015

HAPPY MONDAY - AFTER INDEPENDENCE DAY

(THIS POST WAS SENT ON JULY, 6, 2015)


First of all, I thought everyone should be aware of a very important milestone that I just hit:  Sister Pierce and I made hamburgers. FROM SCRATCH. I think, at this point, I've pretty much made it in life. Except, we found out we only had hot dog buns, so we tried to shape the patties to fit. It sort of worked. But, they tasted dang good.




Sister Pierce and I went over to walk with Lisa on Wednesday evening, and there was a guy there who was prepping her house to be painted. We talked to him for a bit and found out that he served a 6-year service mission for his church in Mexico. It was so cool! And he met his wife there, which is adorable. AND, he's from Ohio! Which means that he's also a Buckeyes fan, but that's okay :) it was really cool to talk about things that were familiar. Like Amish doughnuts.

Also, we had exchanges again this past week! I led the area. Basically, Sister Pierce was in a different area and a sister came down to Valentine and I was in charge.... it made me a bit nervous because I've only been out for two months, and I've never led an area before. It turned out okay, though! And also, another milestone: I invited someone to be baptized! She didn't exactly say yes. She knows that she wants to be baptized eventually, but she has a few concerns to resolve before that happens. The point is: I was nervous, but I did it.

At the end of exchanges, Sister Pierce and I had a training meeting with our zone leaders and our sister training leader and her companion. Since I'm still in training, they talk to us each week to see how I'm progressing. Usually we would have a phone call, but since we were all meeting up to exchange back anyway, we just had a full-blown meeting. Sister Pierce and I did a role play of teaching about the Book of Mormon and extending an invitation to read it. IT WAS SO GOOD. One day I'll teach like that in real life.



Our mission president approved firework-watching on Saturday night, so long as we woke up on time the next morning. We got to go to a member's home and watch fireworks with them. I felt like I was back home again, watching fireworks with all of my cousins and plugging my ears because it was so loud.

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day. Love you all!

Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment