Tuesday, June 23, 2015

DUCKLINGS, POTLUCKS, AND ALL GOOD THINGS (FROM WEEK OF JUNE 15, 2015)

This week has been wonderful!
But it was hard.

First of all, you should know that Sister Pierce and I made cookies together for the first time last Monday. It was a bonding experience. And the cookies were divine. I'm sad to say that none made it past Tuesday. Although, I wouldn't recommend eating only cookies throughout the day... it makes for a very lethargic missionary.

We were able to teach Lori again this week, which was awesome! We taught a lesson on Tuesday, and then again on Thursday. Despite the super strong cigarette and cat smell, Lori has a very sweet, peaceful feeling in her home. I would have thought the two wouldn't coincide, but looks like I was proven wrong. She is a very loving lady! Sister Pierce and I want to invite her to be baptized this week.

The Johnsons had us over for dinner on Tuesday night, and they invited their friend, Kristy. It went pretty well, I think. We taught the Restoration and had a game for the kids. Sister Johnson gave Kristy a copy of the Book of Mormon and a couple of pamphlets, which was really cool! The Johnsons are out of town right now, but we'll follow up on them to see how they thought it went.
We went on exchanges on Thursday! One of the sister missionaries from Pierre, Sister Mower, came down and stayed in Valentine with Sister Pierce for 24 hours, and I went to Pierre with her companion, Sister Anderson. It was cool to be able to see what a day in the life of another missionary is like and how she teaches. I stayed the night in Pierre, and in the morning, Sister Anderson and I went jogging around the Capitol building and the cute little pond in front. There was a mama duck with all her little babies crossing the sidewalk to get into the water. There had to be at least ten of them. Adorable!

The Elders were on exchanges as well, so we carpooled down with them to meet the other two missionary sets at the church building in Rosebud, where we had a glorious lunch that doubled as a belated birthday party for Sister Pierce and Sister Mower. Afterward, we had our district meeting. I definitely love spending time with missionaries. The meeting was very productive, and we were all able to bounce ideas off of one another to help each other with the problems we each have in our respective areas. We have a great zone! Top notch missionaries, in my opinion.
Later that night, we went walking with a lady who's trying to stop smoking (we walk with her when she's most tempted), and she sent us home with two cases of McDonald's-style hash browns! I don't even know what we're going to do with all of them.
We went to bingo on Saturday morning. There were a ton of people there! Every time I go, I always think of the stereotype of old people playing bingo, because that's exactly what was happening at the nursing home. I love it!
My mission president and his wife, President and Sister Anderson, came down for our branch conference in Valentine. It was SO COOL. Since we're in a district, President Anderson acts as a Stake President, so he can give temple recommend interviews and other such things. This was probably the last time I'll see them because we're getting a new mission president in July. 
After church, we had a potluck, and let me just tell you, everything there was good. I ate entirely too much food, but it was most definitely worth it. Someone made lasagna. If that's not happiness, then I don't know what is.
We weren't able to do our normal weekly planning on the designated planning day because of exchanges, so we planned on Sunday night instead. But it was probably the most productive planning I have ever done. This week is going to be marvelous! It's already off to a great start. We get to spend our P-day in Pierre with the other sisters in our zone. I am so beyond excited.
This is Sister Pierce's last transfer. EVER. She's going home in August. I'm so excited for her to experience the real world with the different perspective she has gained from her mission! I seriously hope I am as awesome as she is by the end of mine.
Love,
Sister Clark







No comments:

Post a Comment