Sunday, November 15, 2015

THE HEART SURGEON AND THE ATTORNEY

(This post was sent on September 8, 2015)

Great things that happened this week:

Sister Stone and I have laughed A LOT, mostly at each other because we're hilarious.
We were able to have dinner at a member family's house that we've never been
to before, gain a better relationship with them, and talk about the importance of families.
Sister Stone and I have the Plan of Salvation lesson down because of all the excellent opportunities we've had to share it this week.
We volunteered at the Good Samaritan Nursing home, painting nails and playing bingo. I always love doing that!
I finished the Book of Mormon and started it again.
We are now able to use the high school's track, so I can run in the morning! Good exercise makes for a happy missionary.
A sister in our branch gave us an idea for service: her neighbor needed a bit of cheering, so we made her a cute little craft to brighten her day.
Weekly planning didn't take a million years on Thursday! We got it done in a timely manner, and came out of it with effective plans.
We had a fantastic lesson with a less active member, Lisa, and her family. We asked if we could go through all the lessons with her again (for practice purposes, but also to help strengthen her), and so we taught the Restoration lesson and the importance of church attendance. And they came to church on Sunday :)
We had a lesson with George and Brenda on Friday, and as we talked about eternal marriage and families, we committed Brenda to do family history work so that she could do temple work for her family the next time she was there. AND, we committed George to pray about baptism so that he can be with his family forever.
Also, probably my favorite thing that happened was that on Monday (the 7th), we had a zone conference in Rapid City where Dale G. Renlund of the Seventy spoke to us, along with his wife. The spirit that was there while they spoke was so strong! I wish I could have bottled it and sent it to everyone. It's amazing how much the Lord loves us. I could feel it as Elder Renlund spoke. 
During a lunch appointment with a member a while ago, we were asked what helped us to know that the gospel and the church is true. For me, it's most definitely the message of continual hope that we have through the Savior's atonement. This week was a pretty good reminder. I would get overwhelmed by how inadequate I am compared to Jesus Christ, and that's especially intimidating to me because I'm representing Him while being on a mission (and when I'm off my mission, too, I suppose). There are also moments when I've felt like my attitude and effort haven't been as good as they should be, and then I'm disappointed in myself. BUT, the beautiful thing about the atonement is that we don't have to be perfect. We just have to be willing to change. Sometimes it's crazy to think that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so perfectly and infinitely, especially since we're definitely imperfect. But that's what makes us want to change, right? Christ's love. Charity! Paul has a pretty awesome spiel about that in 1 corinthians 13. 
That's probably going to be my goal this week: have Christ-like charity for people. Help them change and want to follow Him.

Love,

Sister Clark


                            We got to stop at Mt. Rushmore on the way to zone conference!


No comments:

Post a Comment